Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sometimes.

Sometimes I talk and I feel like no one is listening to me.

Sometimes I have beliefs that I know in my heart is what is right for me, and people do their best to tear them down.

Sometimes I think that everything I think is complete bullshit and I shouldn't even bother opening my mouth in the first place.

Sometimes I remember that because I'm a woman, and I am a person who always tries to give people the benefit of the doubt, people mistake that as an opportunity to completely talk over me and devalue my opinions.

Sometimes I remember that especially since I am a woman who doesn't take any shit from anyone, and will not allow anyone to disrespect me, is when certain men prove themselves to be the biggest cowards I've ever met.

Sometimes I have really wonderful men in my life, but I simply cannot be with them because I am too scared to trust again after what has been done to me in the past.

Sometimes I get pretty fed up with people assuming I'm some unassuming, harmless, pretty little white girl who couldn't possibly cause any harm.

Sometimes I wish I could be the vixen in an action movie, welding a gun and a leather outfit, black shades, and dark eye makeup. I'd just go around kicking ass and taking names.

Sometimes I hate that the people who really need to be in my life on an everyday basis, I hardly ever see. Either because we're both too busy or they live too far away.

Sometimes I really think what is even the fucking point to me writing at all, when I have to fight so hard just to be heard.





Aren't I worth hearing? Does the fact that I live my life according to what I see is right, make my voice any less important? Does my vulgarity make me someone who is to be pitied scorned, and chased with sticks? Is my strongly held point of view not as worthy because it is not wrapped up in a nice, neat, pretty package?

(In the end, I trust my heart. My heart tells me no matter what, press forward. Ignore them. Just don't stop the momentum. The hell with what they say.)

*Sigh*

I'm only human. These things get to me just as much as the next person.

No comments: