Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Crow

Nobody's perfect. You can't watch what you say and be careful of how you say it 24/7. We all make mistakes. Eating crow is just a fact of life you have to deal with.

After all, it's when you're making those mistakes you find out who your true friends are. They are the ones who understand that you're only human. It's people who hold grudges over every little thing you do wrong who are the ones that do not belong in your life; even if you're related to them. Who needs that kind of aggravation and stress? If someone is genuinely causing me that much anguish, I'm not going to be around them much.

The only thing that I can do is make sure I don't make the same HUGE mistake twice. If that isn't good enough for someone; don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya.



Not everyone is going to like what I have to say. I do not have to like or love every single person that my friends like or are related to. I find it rather imprudent when someone acts as though because they share a chromosome or two with someone, no one in the history of the planet is ever allowed not to like them or have anything negative to say about them or polk fun at them, ever.

Hell, I don't even like some of my own family members, and I know better than most that your family is not necessarily whom you are related to. In a lot of cases, people have to make their own families.

However, I do not expect everyone I become friends with to like the same people I do. To me, going around and cutting those you've gotten to know and like out of your life because they don't get along with the same people you do is just absurd. Sure, that may have worked for you back in, say, 5th grade. If you're supposed to be an adult for all intents and purposes, unless someone is causing you genuine grief and impeding your quality of life, who the hell cares if they don't get along?

I just think that way of thinking really causes one to miss out on a lot, but hey, it's their loss if they choose to live like that. In the end I'm not going to loose any sleep over it.

No comments: