Saturday, January 26, 2008

Blogging on Myspace

I began blogging regularly on Myspace in September of 2007. I had been using the account I had since 2003, but decided it would be easier for me to have a separate profile for blogging and the people I'd meet while doing it.

It has certainly been an interesting endeavor. While blogging on Myspace will never make you a millionaire or bring you any recognition in the broader sense, the community is unlike anything I've seen on any other blogging site.

It is the only place where I can receive immediate feedback on something that I've written. While some bloggers note that when people comment on their blogs, the comment is more about them than the actual article, I enjoy reading about different experiences. I love it when something I've written sparks up a debate. It means that what I wrote was actually interesting!

I have also gotten my confidence as a writer back. I do not consider myself a great writer; one that will write the next great classic. All I have known throughout my life is that I have a unique perspective on life, and that is what we are all looking for in a distinguished writer. The structure of grammar and spelling is just part of it. What matters the most is feeling the writer's personality come through, and whether or not they can transport you into their minds, even if just for a little while.

No comments: